Welcome!

Simpsons fans please note - this is much more effective if you imagine it is said in the voice of Troy McLure.

Hi, I'm Mark Goodson and you may remember me from other blogs, like "So, who gets custody of the Nectar points?" and "The MaD Cookbook".

Let me bring you now a holiday diary from the summer (cough, cough, splutter) of 2012 when London had the Olympics and the UK had record rainfall. What a time to decide not to venture abroad for a break.

Friday 3 August 2012

Last day in Easter Rd

Weather Watch - 18 degrees, Sunny but with a hulking great shower that drenched us as we walked down the Royal Mile at about 3 o'clock.

Tomorrow we're off to Loch Ness so today we took in a bit more of the festival, but only after trying to do some shopping.  I say trying because although we did manage to get a new holdall for Megan, I needed to get an iPad adapter for my camera memory card that isn't the standard SD type.  FAIL!  Couldn't get one anywhere.  We also tried to get Tom Daley's book for Madeline.  FAIL!  WH Smith didn't stock it or had run out and the only other bookshop Dawn knew about had closed down.  I needed some deodorant. FAIL!  Ok, I forgot.

But whilst we were trying we did stumble across some Harnessed Trampolines that managed to extract a  fiver for three minutes bouncing PER CHILD.  I'm in the wrong business.







The kids have been remarkably well behaved today for the most part but I'm not sure if it was the threat of me sitting on them or them spending the day with Dawn's parents that bought them into line.

After grabbing a McDonalds for lunch we made our way to Pleasance Courtyard for the first of 2 shows that appeared to be the most suitable for the whole family.  The first one featured Dave McNeill in his Canoe Ride 3000 which was just mental.  A one man show, quite clever and funny in parts but just too weird for the children to get.  Somehow, the idea of a man from Nottingham paddling in a paper canoe all the way to China and changing communism for ever all because someone called David Chang urinated through his letterbox at 1:00am two weeks ago passed them by.  Reading that description you may well agree and I guess you just had to be there.

The next show that we wanted to see was sold out but we settled on "Sheeps - Dancing with Lisa" that was a sketch show as random as the title suggests.  Neither dancing nor Lisa played any part but this was actually pretty funny and the girls enjoyed it.

After going to Dawn's parents for dinner we came back and packed, ready for our early start tomorrow as we head to Polmaily Steading on Loch Ness. I'll get my snorkel and flippers there I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment